Book order and collect service
Whilst we remain temporarily closed, we are offering an order and collect service for our members. You can request an individual title or a selection of the kind of books that you enjoy which staff will select for you.
How does this service work?
- Library books can be ordered for collection from your chosen library. You can order an individual title or a selection (up to six library books per borrower). The selection of books can be requested by preferred author or subject.
- You can order your books via our online catalogue, if you are not a member you can join online. Alternatively, you can also order by giving us a ring during opening hours, see details below.
- Once staff have selected your books, they will be issued to your library card and we will inform you when they are ready for collection.
- Books will be issued for a 6-week period
- When you come to collect your books, please call the library on arrival using the number below, and a member of staff will bring your books to the collection point.
- We are extending all current loans until 28 June 2021 and no overdue charges will be incurred. If you do wish to return your books, you can do so during order and collect opening hours.
Which libraries are open for order and collect?
- Beaumont Leys Library: 0116 299 5460, Beaumont Way, LE4 1DS
- Belgrave Library: 0116 299 5500, Cossington Street, LE4 6JD
- Evington Library: 0116 221 1286, 200 Evington Lane, LE5 6DH
- Highfields Library: 0116 2995494, 98 Melbourne Road, LE2 0DS
- Knighton Library: 0116 299 5477, 167-9 Clarendon Park Road, LE2 3AJ
- Pork Pie Library: 0116 299 5480, Southfields Drive (Pork Pie Island), LE2 6QS
- St Barnabas Library: 0116 299 5450, French Road, LE5 4AH
- Westcotes Library: 0116 299 5510, 38-40 Narborough Road, LE3 0BQ
|Monday to Thursday||10am - 4pm|
|Friday, Saturday and Sunday||Closed|
The full reservation service is available. You can reserve individual items online or you can call a library, using the details above.
Is the Home Library service available?
The Home Library service delivers books to the housebound which currently includes those who are significantly vulnerable. Please contact us on 0116 299 5465 if you would like to enquire about this service.
We will continue to update you on this page as other libraries and services become available.