Library Plus is a new service which allows you to access libraries beyond existing opening hours, when there are no staff present. To enjoy this flexibility, you will need to register and attend an induction. The out of hours service will be available at Evington and Knighton libraries.
Library Plus availability
|Days||Library Plus hours (morning)||Normal hours (staffed)||Library Plus hours (evening)|
|Monday||8am – 10am||10am – 6.30pm||6.30pm – 8pm|
|Tuesday||8am – 10am||10am – 6.30pm||6.30pm – 8pm|
|Wednesday||8am – 10am||10am – 6.30pm||6.30pm – 8pm|
|Thursday||8am – 10am||10am – 6.30pm||6.30pm – 8pm|
|Friday||8am – 10am||10am – 5pm||5pm – 8pm|
|Saturday||-||10am – 4pm||-|
Who can use this service?
- Library members who have registered for Library Plus and received the induction
- Customers aged 16 or over
- Accompanied children under 16
How do I register?
To be able to access the Library Plus hours, you will need to register and attend an induction. Please follow the instructions below:
- Bring your library card and a proof of identification to Evington or Knighton library
- Complete and sign an agreement
- Attend a brief induction by library staff
Once registered, how will I get access to the library?
Access will be via a card reader panel near the front door. Scan your library card and enter your PIN.
What can I do during Library Plus hours?
- Borrow, renew and return books using the self-service kiosks
- Collect reserved books and borrow them via the self-service kiosks
- Pay charges using the self-service kiosk
- Use public computers and free Wi-Fi
- Use study areas
- Meet in informal groups (all group members must be Library Plus registered)
What won't be available during Library Plus hours?
- Enquiries and staff support
- Public toilets
- DVD hire
- Printing and scanning
CCTV for your safety
Customers should be aware there is constant CCTV monitoring throughout the library during unstaffed hours. This is for customer safety and security.
For more information, please visit the CCTV footage request page.
What if there is an emergency?
Emergency procedures will be explained in the induction to Library Plus. The priority is your safe evacuation from the building.