CrowdFund Leicester is my crowdfunding initiative to connect people, communities and businesses to turn their ideas in to reality. It puts you in control of creating campaigns and supporting those ideas you want to see happen.
You can download a transcript for this video at the bottom of the page.
Leicester is a city built on its communities. This initiative allows people to come together from different communities to improve their surroundings by supporting the ideas they would really like to see to help make Leicester an even greater place.
I am looking to support ideas by providing land to help deliver projects and could also pledge up to £10,000 from the Community Engagement Fund to make your idea a reality. Businesses and local groups, such as Highcross, Cofresh and St Matthews Big Local, ward councillors and the crowd may also support your idea.
So far, over 1,600 backers have pledged their support to enable seventeen very different campaigns hit their crowdfunding targets in excess of £370,000. Some successful campaigns include:
- Brass of the Saff – to purchase 60 new instruments and uniforms for a community youth brass band who will record a CD.
- Phoenix Access Cinema – to purchase 26 new infrared headsets and 16 new ear caps to help people with sight and hearing loss enjoy the cinema experience.
- Save Goddard Bank – to ensure essential repairs to the roof of the Grade II listed building to preserve its future use.
- The Little Theatre Centenary Challenge – to conduct a feasibility study for the expansion and modernisation of their complex to include a new studio theatre and wardrobe.
- The Urban Equestrian Academy – to purchase a minibus to transport inner-city children to participate in equine activities.
Discover more ideas and live campaigns across Leicester by visiting the CrowdFund Leicester website. I would also like to hear more of your ideas, so if you have an idea, no matter how big or small, set up your own project!