CrowdFund Leicester is my crowdfunding initiative to connect people, communities and businesses to turn their ideas in to reality. It puts you in control of creating campaigns and supporting those ideas you want to see happen.
You can download a transcript for this video at the bottom of the page.
Leicester is a city built on its communities. CrowdFund Leicester is my initiative to allow people to come together from different communities to improve their surroundings by supporting the ideas which they would really like to see to help make Leicester an even greater place.
I am looking to support ideas by providing land to help deliver projects and could also pledge up to £10,000 from the Community Engagement Fund to make ideas a reality. Businesses and local groups, such as Highcross, Cofresh and St Matthews Big Local are also looking to support crowdfunding projects as well as ward councillors and the public.
So far, over 1,900 backers have pledged their support to enable 22 very different campaigns hit their crowdfunding targets in excess of £450,000. Some successful campaigns include:
- Brass of the Saff – to purchase 60 new instruments and uniforms for a community youth brass band who will record a CD.
- Phoenix Access Cinema – to purchase 26 new infrared headsets and 16 new ear caps to help people with sight and hearing loss enjoy the cinema experience.
- The Urban Equestrian Academy – to purchase a minibus to transport inner-city children to participate in equine activities.
- Avenue Community Garden – to purchase equipment to transform a disused piece of land into a community garden.
- Project Hive – to conduct a feasibility study to bring the former Eco House back into community use to create a social space for activities and learning.
- Kayak Launch Appeal – to reconstruct the kayak launch at Leicester Outdoor Pursuits Centre.
- Global Kitchen – to host and train volunteer chefs from the refugee and asylum seeker community to share home country recipes and cooking skills.
- Watermead Memorial Walk – to create a memorial walk at Watermead Country Park where visitors can enjoy a natural space to relax and reflect.
Discover more ideas and live campaigns across Leicester by visiting the CrowdFund Leicester website.
I would also like to hear more of your ideas, so if you have an idea, no matter how big or small, why not set up your own project!