Support for residents
We can offer advice and support to city residents who are vulnerable during the coronavirus pandemic.
Please email us:
- if you need support to get food or other essential supplies
- if you need help to pay for fuel, rent, council tax or other bills
- if you are concerned about a resident who is vulnerable or isolated who needs help
- if you are having trouble booking your food delivery slot from a supermarket (please put priority shopping in the email title).
Email firstname.lastname@example.org giving a contact telephone number if possible. If you are telling us about another person please get their permission before giving us their phone number or address.
A member of our staff will call you back between 9.30am and 4pm, Monday to Friday.
We are receiving a lot of contact from customers but we will reply to you as soon as possible.
If you need support to get medicine, contact your GP or pharmacy.
If you have had a letter from the NHS saying that you are medically vulnerable, use the phone number or email on the letter.
Other places to find help
- Citizens Advice LeicesterShire - free, independent and confidential advice on debt, budgeting, housing, employment, family issues and community care.
- Phone: 0300 330 1025 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 4.30pm)
- Citizen's Advice contact form
- Understanding universal credit (DWP) - get information about the changes the government has brought in to support people who are already claiming benefits, need to claim benefits, or are at risk of losing their job as a result of coronavirus.
- Moneywise Plus - provides financial and digital support to people out of work
- Phone: 0300 003 7004
- Email: email@example.com
- Helping Hands - offers welfare benefits, housing, employment, family law, and debt advice.
- Phone: 0116 278 2001 (Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 10am to 5pm
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Community Advice and Law Service (CALS) - offers specialist welfare benefits, debt and housing advice
- Phone: 0116 242 1120 (Monday to Thursday, 9am to 5pm and Friday, 9am to 4.30pm)
- CALS contact form
- Saffron Resource Centre - provides advice regarding benefits, debt and money guidance.
- Phone: 07393 719 607 (Monday to Thursday, 9.30am to 4.30pm and Friday, 9.30am to 3pm)
- Email: email@example.com
- Somali Development Service - offers wide range of information and support which includes; benefits, family and youth support, community care, housing, domestic violent support. Translation is also available.
- Phone: 0116 285 5888
- WhatsApp: 07958 166 960 (9.30am to 5pm)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zinthiya Trust - provides a wide range of support including; money, debt, domestic abuse, emergency food, utilities and grants for white goods and furniture. Face to face appointment service available with social distancing in place. Call the number below to make an appointment first.
- Phone: 0116 254 5168 (Monday to Thursday, 9.30am to 4pm and Friday, 9.30am to 2pm)
- Address: 12 Bishop Street, Leicester, LE1 6AF
- NHS 111 online - check if you have coronavirus symptoms
- UAVA - support for anyone who has been affected by domestic abuse and or sexual violence.
- Phone: 0808 80 200 28. (Monday to Saturday, 8am to 8pm).
- Text support: 07715 994 962 (calls to this number will not be answered)
- Relate - UK's largest provider of relationship support
- Phone: 0300 003 0396. (Monday to Thursday, 8am to 8pm and Friday, 9am to 1pm)
Age UK Leicester Shire and Rutland - Confidential, free advice line which can help with anything that affects your quality of later life.
- Phone: 0116 299 2239. (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm)