A changing city
Leicester has undergone many changes since the 2001 census.
A comparison of the 2011 census findings shows that the city:
- is now the most populated urban centre in the region
- is a more youthful place
- has become even more diverse
- has fewer marriages
- has fewer senior citizen households
- has more private housing rentals
- has more overcrowding
- has fewer households with no adults in employment
- has fewer adults without qualifications
- has less economic inactivity
- has a lower rate of unpaid care.
The 2011 census has more information about caring and earning, diversity and migration and quality of life. You can download the documents below.