Payment terms and conditions
Find the terms and conditions of using our secure online payment facility.
Please read these terms carefully before using the online payments facility. Use of the Leicester City Council online payments application on this website indicates your acceptance of these terms. If you do not accept these terms please do not use the online payments facility on this website.
- All payments made up to 4pm on a working day, will appear on your council account on the following working day. Payments made out of office hours, at the weekends or during public holidays will show on your council account the day after the first full working day after the payment day.
- Accepted payments will show on your account statements as payments to ‘Leicester City Council’.
- Leicester City Council cannot accept liability for a payment not reaching the intended account due to the customer quoting an incorrect account, reference or invoice number.
- If your payment is overdue, or time critical, and recovery action is about to be taken, your online payment will be accepted but you should additionally notify the service department by telephone, that the payment has been made quoting the reference that you have been given.
- Leicester City Council cannot accept any liability if payment is refused, or declined, by the debit / credit card supplier. Leicester City Council has no control over acceptance of card payments and any refusal of payment should be taken up with your card supplier.
Confirmation of payment
- Once your payment has been authorised, the application will display a confirmation screen showing the payment details and a UNIQUE transaction reference number.
- You can print this screen as your receipt for your payment. These details will also be e-mailed to you if you have supplied the system with a valid e-mail address during the transaction.
- Please keep a note of the transaction receipt number, as you will need to quote this if you have any queries with your payment.
- Your receipt will not show your debit / credit card details, so if your receipt is lost or stolen, your card details will remain confidential.
- If your payment is refused, the application will display a screen informing you of this situation. Remember – it is not the council that is refusing your card payment – it is the card issuing bank that is refusing to authorise the payment.
- If this occurs you will need to contact your card company to discuss the reasons for the refusal and make alternative arrangements to make payment to the council.
Where an overpayment occurs as a result of a change in liability, a refund may be issued following a request to the relevant service area.
- Where payment was initially made by debit / credit card, refunds shall normally be applied back to the same card account.
- Where Internet payments require an authorised refund to be applied to the transaction, the payment will only be refunded to the card making the initial payment.
The council provides a secure online payments facility, fully managed to Level 1 approval in line with the Payment Card Industry (PCI) requirements. Once you are on the link to make a payment, you will be re-directed to a fully hosted secure managed environment. All information that you send will be fully 128 bit encrypted.
The online service is fully managed externally and the Council does not hold any card details on any of its servers or within its infrastructure. The council, nor any of its officers, has any access to your card details on the managed service.
The online payments system complies with all of the security requirements of the PCI council – like CV2 input, Verified by Visa, and MasterCard SecureCode, and the council will continue to enhance the application to the highest security standards.
If you should have any difficulties with the payment process you can contact the Council at:
Cash Services Manager
Business Service Centre
Leicester City Council
10 York Road
Telephone: 0116 454 1593