Boiler Upgrade Scheme
The government has announced that grants will be made available for homeowners to install low carbon heating systems until 2025.
What you could get
- £5,000 off the cost and installation of an air source heat pump
- £5,000 off the cost and installation of a biomass boiler (only available for biomass boilers in rural locations and in properties that are not connected to the gas grid)
- £6,000 off the cost and installation of a ground source heat pump
Am I eligible?
To apply you must:
- Own your property (a home or small business property)
- Have a property with an installation capacity up to 45kWth (this covers most homes)
- Have a valid Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). Your EPC must not have any outstanding recommendations for loft or cavity wall insulation (unless you have an insulation exemption). If you do not know the EPC of your building the installer will assist you.
New build properties will not normally be eligible for the grant. You may be eligible however, if you are building your own home.
How do I apply?
A Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS) installer will apply for the grant on your behalf. The value of the grant will be deducted from the total price you pay.