Green Homes Grant - Local Authority Delivery Scheme
Green Homes Grant is a government backed scheme delivered by local authorities to improve the energy efficiency of eligible households for free. This helps residents by improving the warmth and comfort of their homes, whilst also reducing energy bills, our carbon emissions and levels of fuel poverty across the city.
We have been successful in attracting £3.75million of government funding for our Green Homes Grant scheme. The scheme is delivered by our partner, E.ON. You do not need to be an E.ON customer to take part in the scheme.
What is the Green Homes Grant - Local Authority Delivery Scheme?
If eligible, the scheme provides free energy efficient measures, such as:
- External wall insulation
- Air source heat pumps (low carbon heating)
- Solar panels
- Door improvements
- Smart heating controls
- Cavity insulation
- Loft insulation.
Am I eligible?
- Your household’s gross annual income must be under £30,000
- Your home must have an Energy Performance Rating (EPC) of either D, E, F, or G. If you don’t have an EPC certificate confirming your home's rating, E.ON can arrange one for you.
- You must own and occupy your home.
How to apply?
E.ON handles all enquiries.
- Call the Green Homes Grant team at E.ON on 0333 202 4820 (Offices are open Monday to Friday between 9am – 5:30pm)
- Or apply online. They will then contact you via phone and check that you qualify before scheduling a home survey.
An E.ON contractor will visit you to determine what improvements are suitable for your home.
Your home will receive the required works from a Trustmark registered contractor to improve its energy efficiency rating.
E.ON will continue to provide you with ongoing support. The scheme also includes warranties and guarantees with applicable terms and conditions in accordance with the measures installed per job.
Frequently asked questions
You can find the energy efficiency rating of your home by looking on the EPC Register and entering your postcode and selecting your house from the list.
If you don't meet the above eligibility criteria for the Green Homes Grant scheme, don't worry. There are other schemes which you may be eligible for, so get in touch with E.ON and see how they can help you.Call the Green Homes Grant team at E.ON on 0333 202 4820 (Lines are open Monday to Friday from 9am to 5:30pm)
There are some Green Home Grant measures which we don't currently install.
- upgrading single-glazing to double-glazing
- hybrid heat pumps
- ground source heat pumps
- biomass and flat roof insulation.