Items not accepted for bulky waste collection
The bulky waste collection service is available to householders in the city. We cannot collect any trade or commercial waste. This service is also not available to landlords.
Please note this list is not exhaustive but gives an indication of the types of items that we cannot collect.
Items we do not accept
- Blue wooden pallets
- Building and demolition waste – including from refurbishment of a property, such as but not limited to:
- Full bathroom suites
- Fitted wardrobes – including if dismantled
- Kitchen cupboards/worktops – including if dismantled
- Front/back external doors
- More than 1 radiator
- More than 2 doors
- Car parts
- Cast iron boilers/baths
- Concrete fence posts
- Heavy fire surrounds and mantles, such as those made from concrete or marble
- Doors containing glass
- Furniture containing glass and/or mirrors
- Glass/mirrors – including panels and any items which contain glass
- Hardcore/bricks including slabs
- Hazardous waste – including Plasterboard, Paint, Gas Canisters and Batteries.
- Ladders over 6ft in length
- Lawn rollers
- Loft insulation
- Ride on lawnmowers
- Sheds and wendy houses (wooden) – including if dismantled
- Soil and turf
There are some items which we can collect but are subject to certain conditions – the online booking form or customer service advisor will tell you about these when booking.
Biffa operatives will not enter homes, sheds, garages, or outbuildings to collect waste items.
We cannot dismantle any items before removal; this must be done in advance of the collection.