Search leicester city council
Main menu
Contact Us

Request it online

You can apply for some Council services, advice or help online.


Council Tax

If you are eligible for a Council Tax discount you can apply here:

Child benefit entitlement

Single person discount

Reduction for disabilities

School leavers discount

Youth training trainee

People in prison discount

Member of religious community



Charities' business rates relief

Charitable organisations can apply for business rate relief here.

Register a food business

Food business operators must register before starting to operate, here you can find out more details and register.


Waste and recycling

Request more recycling bags

You can order more orange bags here.


Request a bulk collection

You can arrange collection of household waste such as unwanted furniture or large amounts of garden waste.


Request a permit for vans and trailers to use recycling centres 

If you want to use a van, pick up, or trailer over 1.4m long to dispose of your household waste you will need to apply for a free permit.


Leisure and culture

Join the Library 

Join Leicester Libraries here.


Apply for The Card

The Card offers savings on leisure activities (up to 10%) across Leicester.



Submit a planning application

The planning portal makes it easy to submit a planning application online.



School admissions 

For children transferring schools.



Apply for a blue badge

Find out how to apply for a Disabled Person's Parking Permit.


Apply for a bus pass

Find out how to apply for a concessionary travel pass. These are available to residents of Leicester City with certain disabilities and/or impairments, who qualify for a state pension, or who are registered as unemployed.


Apply for special needs transport for FE students

You'll need to know college and course details and times of transport needed.


Transport assistance for 16-19 year old students

You'll need to know college and course details and details of the of routes taken.


Apply for an under 16 bus pass

You'll need to know school or college details.



Make a Freedom of Information request

You can request any non-confidential information held by the council.


Request environmental information

You can request a wide range of environmental information held by the Council.


Request a copy of your personal information

You can apply for a copy of the personal information the Council holds about you.


Request copies of CCTV footage

You can request copies of certain types of CCTV footage.


If you don't find what you need, contact us using our general enquiry form.