The Card offers those wanting to participate in casual use the freedom to do so and offers some discounts on the non-member prices as well.
The Card is our Pay as you Go membership which is ideal for the occasional user allowing you to pay for activities as you use the. Having this membership will give you discounted rates off the non-member rate for all activities.
What it provides:
- Up to 10% off non-member prices for all activities
- Up to 7 days advance telephone or online booking
- •Above benefits available at all Leicester City Council leisure centres
The Card is issued free of charge to all Leicester City residents and to all juniors (under 18) across the city and county. The Card is also available to all adults outside the City boundaries for a small charge.
Fitness suite casual membership
The Card also has the option to add on an annual membership to provide access to the fitness suites on a Pay as you Go basis. Further information can be obtained from our leisure centres. If you are entitled to benefit payments you can apply for 'The Card Plus '.
The Card Plus
The Card Plus can offer significant savings on leisure activities (up to 50%) across Leicester to a wide range of concessionary groups and individuals.
You will only be entitled to 'The Card Plus' if you are a Leicester City resident and come under one of the benefits categories listed below and can provide the requested proof: Over 60 years in age - Date of birth, i.e. Pension book, bus pass.
- Job seeker’s allowance - Stamped form, proof of job seeker’s allowance
- Income support - Income support book, bank statement
- Housing benefit and/or Council Tax benefit - Rent book, letter, bill
- Special needs / Disabled person (can apply for Plus 1 card also) - Letter from doctor, Incapacity benefit or disability allowance
- Dependent partner / carer for above - See "The Card Plus One" below
- Student studying F/T or P/T & Further Education College or University - Letter from College/University or NUS Card
The Card Plus One
If you are a disabled adult who lives in the city and need the assistance of a carer you can apply for The Card Plus, one for yourself and one for your carer.
- This will enable both of you to use our facilities at The Card Plus rate.
- The Carer Card will not carry a name thus enabling you to bring different carer's each time you visit a leisure centre.
If you have a dependent partner or a permanent carer who requires The Card Plus in their own name then they must apply at the same time as the applicant.
Do you have a disabled child?
Leicester City Resident children and young people under 19 with disabilities, and their carers can obtain further discounts by contacting the Leicester city Disabled Children’s register on 0116 2333040.
How do I apply?
To get the Card in any of its variations you can apply online. Please allow 7 working days for administrative operations and then visit any Leicester City Council Sports & Leisure Centre, bringing with you the necessary proof documents, reference number and the Card Plus will be issued to you.
Alternatively visit any of our Sports and Leisure Centres. The receptionist will request you show the necessary proof required in order to issue you with the Card. The Card can be issued on the spot on most occasions. However, during peak and busy periods The Card may not be issued immediately but will be available for collection on your next visit.
Contact us about sports and leisure
If you want to know more about our leisure centres, activities or membership please get in touch.
Send us a message
You can get in touch by phone using the following number…×
Write to us
If you need to send us a letter, please use the following address…
Town Hall Square