The Card is ideal for people wanting to use our leisure facilities on a casual basis, and offers some discounts on non-member prices as well.
The Card is our pay as you go membership which is ideal for the occasional user. Having this membership will give you discounted rates off the non-member rate for all activities.
What it provides:
- Up to 10 per cent off non-member prices for all activities
- Up to seven days advance telephone or online booking
- Benefits available at all of our leisure centres
The Card is issued free of charge to all Leicester residents and to all juniors (under 18) across the city and county. The Card is also available to all adults outside the city boundary for a small charge.
Fitness suite casual membership
The Card also has the option to add on an annual membership to provide access to the fitness suites on a pay as you go basis. Further information can be obtained from our leisure centres.
The Card Plus
The Card Plus can offer significant savings on leisure activities (up to 50 per cent) across Leicester to a wide range of concessionary groups and individuals.
You will only be entitled to The Card Plus if you are a Leicester resident; you come under one of the benefits categories listed below and can provide the requested proof:
- Over 60 - date of birth, i.e. pension book, bus pass
- Jobseeker’s allowance - stamped form, proof of jobseeker’s allowance
- Income support - income support book, bank statement
- Housing benefit and/or council tax benefit - rent book, letter, bill
- Special needs/disabled person (can also pply for Plus 1 card) - letter from doctor, incapacity benefit or disability allowance
- Dependent partner/carer for above - See 'The Card Plus One' below
- Student studying full-time or part-time at further education college or university - letter from college/university or NUS card.
The Card Plus One
If you are a disabled adult who lives in the city and need the assistance of a carer you can apply for The Card Plus, one for yourself and one for your carer.
- This will enable both of you to use our facilities at The Card Plus rate.
- The Carer Card will not carry a name, so you can bring different carers each time you visit a leisure centre.
If you have a dependent partner or a permanent carer who requires The Card Plus in their own name then they must apply at the same time as the applicant.
Do you have a disabled child?
Leicester city resident children and young people under 19 with disabilities, and their carers can obtain further discounts by calling 0116 233 3040.
How do I apply?
To get the card in any of its variations you can apply online. Please allow seven working days for administrative operations and then visit any of our leisure centres, bringing with you the necessary proof documents and reference number.
Alternatively visit any of our leisure centres, and the receptionist will request you show the necessary proof required. The Card can be issued on the spot on most occasions. However, during peak and busy periods The Card may not be issued immediately but will be available for collection on your next visit.
Contact us about sports and leisure
If you want to know more about our leisure centres, activities or membership please get in touch. We can also provide advice on sports development and funding.
Send us a message
You can get in touch by phone using the following number…×
Write to us
If you need to send us a letter, please use the following address…
Town Hall Square