Tenants' and Residents' Associations (TARAs)
Tenants and Residents Associations (TARAs) are a more formal way of getting involved in identifying service improvements for tenants and residents.
What are TARAs?
TARAs are groups of people who represent tenants and leaseholders in their local area, working closely with staff at their neighbourhood housing office.
They can act on behalf of individual tenants and leaseholders, to deal with any inquiries or complaints they may have.
TARAs also identify improvements for the neighbourhood housing office to consider, and are consulted on how money is spent locally to improve the area.
There are currently 12 tenant associations and one residents association in the city:
- Beaumont Lodge Neighbourhood Group
- Braunstone Frith Tenants Association
- Hand in Hand Tenants Association
- Morton & Northfields Tenants Association
- St Andrews Tenants Association
- St Matthews Tenants Association
- Stocking Farm Tenants Association
- Hamilton Residents' Association.
If you want to join a TARA, contact your local neighbourhood housing office.
Ring us on: 0116 454 1007
Send us a message