CBII Information and Advice Line
C/O Psychology Services
Leicester LE2 0JX
Tel: 0116 2924566 and Fax Number - 0116 2924567
This multi-agency team provides a city-wide early intervention and preventative service for children and young people aged 0 – 11 years at risk of social exclusion and underachievement because of their psychological, behavioural or mental health needs.
The team is comprised of Family Support Workers, Assistant Educational Psychologists, Educational Psychologists and Primary Mental Health Workers. The diverse training background of the staff provides the team with a range of expertise.
Information and advice line
Our central Information and Advice Line (0116 2924566) is open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 10.00am to 2.00pm for brief case consultation and receiving requests for support for children and families. The line is open for parents, carers and professionals working with a child. Training opportunities available through CBII can also be discussed. An alternative contact is 0116 2211200, which can be used outside of the hours stated above.
Aim 1 – Direct Work
To provide direct work with children and families from diverse communities to enhance parenting skills and capacity in managing common emotional and behavioural concerns and thereby promoting psychological/emotional well-being, and positive mental health.
Aim 2 – Emotional, Well-Being and Mental Health Training, Promotion & Education
To raise awareness, build skills capacity and confidence of staff within universal services, by promoting the importance of positive Mental Health and Emotional Well Being for all children and young people across Leicester city, and enabling staff to develop a repertoire of universal prevention and early intervention approaches.
Aim 3 – Sustaining Service Quality
To maintain an evaluated, effective, responsive and proactive service.
- Direct casework with children aged 0 to 11 and their families (maximum 8 sessions)
- First response appointments: We offer parents/carers the opportunity to meet with a worker in a community venue for up to one hour to discuss areas of concern in terms of children’s emotional health and wellbeing linked in with managing challenging behaviour. A follow-up session or telephone call is also offered within one month as required by the parent.
- Group support for children in schools and other settings
- Group support for parents especially in relation to positive behaviour management
- Consultation and advice to parents
- Consultation and co-working with universal professionals
- Training and development work for universal professionals
- Production of educational resources and materials
- Representation on a variety of appropriate steering groups
- Signposting families and professionals to alternative agencies
- Information boards for publicity events
- An Introduction to Solution Focused Working
- Emotional Wellbeing and Mental Health in Children (including a course focusing on the needs of the under fives)
- Psychological Needs of Children Recently Arrived in the UK
- Parenting workshops
- PLUS Individually tailored training packages for professionals working with children under the age of 11 on a range of emotional and behavioural issues