Search leicester city council
Main menu
Environment & Planning

Severn Trent Water Ltd

Severn Trent Water Ltd (Water and Sewerage) are responsible for maintaining water mains, public sewers and certain drains in Leicester.  Householders are only responsible for the drains that serve their properties up to the boundary of that property.

Report It

For blocked drains and sewers, sewer collapses, burst water mains, defective manhole covers, pollution incidents, public sewer flooding, loss of water supply, etc, contact Severn Trent Water or call 24 hour freephone 0800 783 4444.   Faulty manhole covers can also be reported using our online form. 

Useful Information

Severn Trent Water can refer you to an emergency plumbing service in your area.  Phone the freephone number 0800 783 444.  They have a list of Watermark Approved Plumbers.

You can find information on water quality for your postcode online, or by phoning the freephone number 0800 783 444.

*All links open a new window. Leicester City Council is not responsible for the content and services provided on external websites.