Businesses can dispose of their waste at Gypsum Close Trade Recycling Centre. The facility is open to all businesses within or outside of Leicester city. The centre is located at Gypsum Close, off Lewisher Road, Troon Industrial Area LE4 9AB. Open Monday to Friday 8am – 5pm.
Christmas/New Year opening hours
|Wednesday 23 November 2015||Open as normal: 8am - 5pm|
|Thursday 24 December 2015||Closed|
|Friday 25 December 2015||Closed|
|Monday 28 December 2015||Closed|
|Tuesday 29 December 2015||Open as normal: 8am - 5pm|
|Wednesday 30 December 2015||Open as normal: 8am - 5pm|
|Thursday 31 December 2015||Closing early: 8am - 2pm|
|Friday 1 January 2016||Closed|
|Monday 4 January 2016||Open as normal: 8am - 5pm|
The facility offers a cost effective, hassle-free way to recycle your trade waste, with competitive prices on a range of materials:
|Non bagged waste (minimum charges apply)||Bagged waste|
|Price per kg||Price per tonne||Minimum charge||Approx. kg for minimum charge||Price per bag||Bag limit (per visit)|
|General waste||16p||£160||£20||125||£1.50||10 bags|
|Garden waste||5p||£50||£15||300||£1||10 bags|
|Hardcore and rubble||3p||£30||£15||500||£1||10 bags|
|Wood and timber||11.5p||£115||£15||130||£1.50||10 bags|
|Mixed recycling||11.5p||£115||£15||-||-||10 bags|
|Mixed paper and card||1.2p||£12||£5||417||Free of charge||10 bags/boxes|
|Scrap metal||Free of charge||Free of charge||Free of charge||Free of charge||Free of charge||Free of charge|
Get cheaper rates - bring recyclables as individual loads
We are able to offer the best prices for waste which has been separated, for example you should bring garden waste separate to any general waste or recyclables you have.
If you have small amounts of materials, you can bring these bagged. Materials must be separated and individually bagged, however we can accept a number of different bagged materials in one visit.
For quick registration of your vehicle you can download and fill the 'Trade waste leaflet with registration form' (attached at the bottom of this page) and bring it along on your first visit.
Terms and conditions
- No VAT is applied
- Prices are subject to change at any time
- All tonnages weighed are to the nearest 20kg
- Mixed recycling includes garden waste, hardcore and rubble, wood and timber, mixed paper and card, scrap metal.
- All materials must be segregated by the customer and deposited into the correct container(s). This also applies to waste brought in as 'general waste' and 'mixed recycling'.
- The site rules displayed on the weighbridge building apply at all times
- Small quantities of waste, at the discretion of weighbridge operators, may be charged per bag. 'Bags' refer to black bin bag equivalent.