Where to park
More than 8,500 parking spaces are available in Leicester city centre, as well as 1,500 additional spaces at our three park and ride schemes. We also offer many free motorcycle parking spaces, and secure bike parking facilities.
Car parks in Leicester
Motorists have a wide choice of car parks in Leicester, including private facilities and facilities we own and run. An asterisk indicates a city council car park which offers free Blue Badge parking.
North Zone - for Haymarket Shopping Centre, St Margaret's Bus Station and the St George's Cultural Quarter.
- Haymarket Centre - 0116 454 6300*
- Abbey Street - 0845 050 7080
- Lee Circle - 0845 050 7080
South Zone - for De Montfort University, Newarke Houses Museum, Welford Road Stadium and Leicester Royal Infirmary.
- Welford Road - 0845 050 7080
- Newarke Street (Phoenix) - 0116 254 9856*
East Zone - for St George's Cultural Quarter, Curve, Phoenix, Leicester Train Station, The Y Theatre and New Walk Museum.
- Rutland Centre - 0845 050 7080
- East Street - 0845 050 7080
- Phoenix Square - 0116 454 6300 *
West Zone - for King Richard III Visitor Centre, Highcross Shopping Centre, Cathedral Gardens and the Guildhall.
- Highcross - 0116 242 8644
- St Nicholas Circle - 0845 050 7080
Surface level car parks
- Lee Circle over-height vehicle park - 0845 050 7080
- Mansfield Street (rear of Argos) - 0207 563 3000
- Dover Street - 0116 454 6300 *
- Mansfield Street - 0870 855 5888
- Almond Road - 0207 563 3000
- Granville Road - 0116 454 6300 *
- Victoria Park - 0116 454 6300 *
- Great Central Street - 0116 262 7986
- St Margaret’s Pastures - 0116 454 6300 *
- Granby Halls - 0845 050 7080
- Abbey Park - 0116 454 6300 *
We've introduced simple charges for parking in our car parks. All prices are now set in whole pounds, with £1 buying an hour's parking in the city centre, and two or three hours outside the central zone. We've also installed easy-to-use payment machines that don't require car registration details.
You can download a full list of parking charges for our car parks at the bottom of the page.
Please note - normal parking charges apply on bank holidays, Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
Free parking for motorcycles is available in Newarke Street, Granville Road and Victoria Park car parks.
Contact area traffic control
If you need to find out about traffic, public transport or roadworks in Leicester please get in touch.
Send us a message
Write to us
If you need to send us a letter, please use the following address…
Leicester City Council
91 Granby Street