You may find yourself in a situation where you are homeless, or will be soon. We are committed to ensure no-one sleeping rough has to spend a second night on the streets.
If you have nowhere to stay tonight, or are going to be homeless in the very near future you can either:
- call our Emergency Duty Team on 0116 454 1008 (choose Option 2), or
- visit Housing Options at the Customer Service Centre, on 91 Granby Street, Leicester, LE1 6FB.
Our opening hours are as follows:
|Monday||8.30am - 5pm|
|Tuesday||8.30am - 5pm|
|Wednesday||9.30am - 6.30pm|
|Thursday||8.30am - 5pm|
|Friday||8.30am - 4.30pm|
If you are homeless in an emergency outside of these hours please contact us on 0116 221 2770.
When is someone considered homeless?
You are considered homeless if you are living on the street or in short-term temporary accommodation.
There are other situations where you can be declared homeless, or likely to become homeless, where we can offer you help or advice:
- You are threatened with becoming homeless within the next 28 days
- You have been asked to leave your home, or you have been illegally evicted by your landlord
- It is not reasonable to carry on living in your present accommodation because of overcrowding, harassment from your landlord, or if we have declared it unfit to live in
- You are living in fear of violence, including domestic violence, racial or homophobic harassment, or threats from your landlord
Our commitment on homelessness
Our five-year strategy for tackling homelessness in Leicester was published in 2013. You can download a copy below.
Ring us on: 0116 454 1008
Send us a message