Free Micro-chipping for your dog.
The dog wardens within this team deal with a wide variety of dog related matters in the City.
Dogs in society today play an increasingly important role. In a time when much of the world's animal population and habitat is decreasing, we can learn a reverence for life through the domestic dog. Both as pets and working dogs they can be a benefit to the community.
Unfortunately, this is not always the case. If dogs are kept by irresponsible owners, they can cause irreparable damage and nuisances with initiate deep emotions from the public, the media and the ever growing anti-dog lobby.
Therefore, the role of the Dog Warden as 'Devil's Advocate' becomes increasingly more demanding.
- Dog nuisances cost the country hundreds of thousands of pounds each year, through lack of education, registration and legislation.
- Many dogs are destroyed every day through ignorance and thoughtlessness. There are too many dogs for too few good homes.
- There are thousands of dogs bites per year caused by lack of control and irresponsible ownership; some are extremely serious and can be fatal.
- Leicester City Council has brought in new powers to fine dog owners who fail to control their pets properly in public. Also see our leaflet: A Guide to Dog Responsible Ownership.
- There are hundreds of dogs lost daily, some never reunited with their owners.
Today's Dog Wardens are required to display a diverse range of skills and aims to reduce dog related incidents and nuisances with a balanced approach to education and enforcement.
- To make a dog related complaint, contact us.
- To report dog mess in the street or excessive fouling on private property, contact us.
Dog Control Notices and Orders