Roadworks in Leicester
Published on 07 July 2017
New works starting this week (w/c Sunday 9 July):
• Winstanley Drive: carriageway surface repairs. Road closed between Wynthorpe Rise and Rancliffe Gardens on Sunday (9 July) only. Diversions in place.
• Jarrom Street: water main works. Road closed between Infirmary Square and Atkins Street on Sunday (9 July) only. Diversions in place.
• King Richards Road: traffic signal renewal. Off-peak lane closures and temporary crossing in place close to Kate Street from Monday (10 July).
• New Park Way: carriageway resurfacing. Road closures in place between the Glenfield Road/Dominion Road roundabout and the A47 Hinckley Road from Saturday (15 July). Diversions in place.
Ongoing works in the city:
• Friar Lane: carriageway improvements. Road closed between Southgates and Berridge Street. Diversions in place. Access maintained for pedestrians.
• Colton Street: construction work. Road closed between Church Street and Rutland Street. Diversions in place.
• Keyham Lane West: carriageway improvements. Lane closures and temporary traffic signals in place as required.
• Belvoir Street and Welford Place: carriageway improvements. Road closed. Belvoir Street will also remain closed to traffic. Outbound bus services which normally use this route will be diverted via Charles Street, St George’s Way, Waterloo Way and Regent Road, onto Welford Road. Diversions in place for general traffic.
• Millstone Lane: street improvement scheme. Road closed. Diversions in place.
• Western Road: building works. Road closed between Briton Street and Roman Street. Diversions in place.
• Grasmere Street: service pipe replacement works. Road closed. Work will move onto Filbert Street, Ullswater Street and then Windermere Street.
• Jupiter Close: building work. Road closed. Diversions in place.
• Marlborough Street: construction work. Road closed between Welford Road and Duke Street. Diversions in place.
• Nichols Street: building work. Road closed between Burton Street and Midland Street. Diversions in place.
• York Street: building works. Road closed between Albion Street and Granby Street. Diversions in place.
Please note that emergency situations may require work schedules to be changed at short notice.
For queries, please contact Area Traffic Control on 0116 254 000. ATC lines are open Monday-Friday 6.30am-6.30pm, and 9.30am-1pm on Saturdays.
For up-to-date information tune in to Radio Leicester (104.9 FM).
Details of roadworks and information about car parking in Leicester are available online at www.leicester.gov.uk/travel