Information for parents and carers
Our advisers provide impartial information, advice, guidance and support on education, employment and training.
Advice at our centre
Young people can visit a Connexions adviser for free if they are:
- aged 16 to 19 (up to 25 for those with learning difficulties or disabilities)
- living in Leicester city
- not employed and not in education or training
- not happy with their current training, job or course.
How to find us
To find out where we are and information such as opening times please select the quick link 'where are we located?' above.
My child is still at school
Schools and colleges are responsible for providing careers guidance to students in Years 8-13. If your child is in education you should contact their school or college for careers advice.
Young people with learning difficulties or disabilities
Our personal advisers work with young people with learning difficulties or disabilities. If your child has had a Statement of Special Educational Needs or an Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plan, we can help them up to the age of 25. We can:
- Give you information about local and specialist college courses, work-based learning and employment opportunities
- Work with social workers to plan transition from school. This could include a package of education, social, community or supported employment activities. This will happen in the final year of education
- Help you and your teenager decide the most suitable option when they leave school.
If your teenager has special educational needs or an EHC Plan our adviser can attend their annual reviews. This can happen at any time from Year 9 upwards. It's a chance to start planning for life after school and discuss what support they may need. Our personal advisers will be able to help and support you during this process.
Who is my Connexions adviser?
A Connexions personal adviser is linked to each special school. To find out the name of yours, ask your school or contact Connexions using the details below.
Free online and telephone support is available through The National Careers Service (NCS). You can contact an adviser by telephone: 0800 900 100, email, text message or webchat. They are available from 8am to 10pm every day. For more information visit the NCS website on the following link: