Paying your rent
There are a number of ways you can pay your rent. The easiest way to pay is online.
You can also:
- pay at any outlet showing the PayPoint logo. You can search for your local outlet on the PayPoint website.
- pay over the telephone using your credit or debit card by calling us on 0116 454 1012 or 0116 454 1007. A free telephone service is available at your local housing office.
- Register for Housing Online to view your rent account and download rent statements
Your rent charges cover the cost of providing you with a home and any repairs to the property. Rent is charged weekly and is due every Monday and your home is at risk if you do not keep up your rent payments. We collect rent from council tenants and payments for garages and parking spaces.
If you are facing difficulty in paying us rent please discuss your situation with the Income Management Team on 0116 454 1007 or email email@example.com as soon as possible. They can offer the following support:
- Spread your rent payments and agree an instalment arrangement to clear any arrears.
- Support to maximise your income and claim benefits to help pay your rent.
- Refer you to specialist supporting agencies for independent legal advice or support with any financial or debt worries
- Help you sustain your tenancy and avoid any court enforcement proceedings which could lead to the loss of your home.
Clockwise credit union
Clockwise credit union offers a rent payment service (Clockwise), giving you the assurance that your housing costs always gets paid to your landlord on time.
The credit union offers safe savings and affordable loans to anyone living or working in Leicester, Leicestershire, Rutland and Northamptonshire. It is a mutually-owned community bank, and our City Mayor, Peter Soulsby, is among its members.
You can find out more about joining on the Clockwise website.
Ring us on: 0116 454 1007
Send us an email