We welcome you back to some of our libraries. For the safety of staff and customers, we have put new measures in place to help our libraries run smoothly.
Which libraries are open?
- Beaumont Leys Library: 0116 299 5460, Beaumont Way, LE4 1DS
- Belgrave Library: 0116 299 5500, Cossington Street, LE4 6JD
- Brite Centre Library: 0116 299 5476, Braunstone Avenue, LE3 1LE
- Evington Library: 0116 221 1286, 200 Evington Lane, LE5 6DH
- Fosse Library: 0116 225 4995, Mantle Road LE3 5HG
- Hamilton Library: 0116 221 2790, 20 Maidenwell Avenue, LE5 1BL
- Highfields Library: 0116 2995494, 98 Melbourne Road, LE2 0DS
- New Parks Centre Library: 0116 229 8200, 321 Aikman Avenue, LE3 9PW
- Pork Pie Library: 0116 299 5480, Southfields Drive (Pork Pie Island), LE2 6QS
- Rushey Mead Library: 0116 266 5112, Lockerbie Walk, LE4 7YJ
- Knighton Library: 0116 299 5477, 167-9 Clarendon Park Road, LE2 3AJ
- St Barnabas Library: 0116 299 5450, French Road, LE5 4AH
- St Matthews Centre Library: 0116 222 1045, 10 Malabar Road, LE1 2PD,
- Westcotes Library: 0116 299 5510, 38-40 Narborough Road, LE3 0BQ
|Monday to Friday||10am - 4pm|
Please note Rushey Mead Library will be closed on Wednesday retaining its previous opening pattern.
What are we doing to help you use the library safely?
For the safety of staff and customers, we have put new measures in place to help our libraries run smoothly:
- Limits on the number of people in buildings, so you may need to queue
- 2m social distancing
- One way systems
- Hand sanitiser will be available and you must use this on entering the building
- We are cleaning surfaces regularly
- We will safely store returned books for a 72 hour quarantine period
How you can help
We also need your help to ensure the health and safety of our staff and members.
- Wear a face covering
- Use hand sanitiser on entering the building
- Maintain a 2m social distance
- Bring your library card
- Use the self-service machines if possible
- Pre-order your books if possible
- You will need to pre-book computer sessions
How do I borrow books?
Please use self-service machines and avoid staying in the library for extended periods of time.
- If you need to browse for books we recommend a maximum of 15 minutes
- All books will be issued for a six week loan period
How do I return borrowed books?
Please return books in the box provided at the library. No overdue charges will be incurred at this time.
Are reservations now available?
The full reservation service is now available. You can reserve individual items online or you can call a library, using the details above.
Do I need to book a computer?
Yes. You must be book the public computers online or by phoning the library.
Please note, computers are available for 45 minute sessions at this time.
What items/services are unavailable at this time?
- Newspapers and magazines
- Study spaces
- Toddler Time sessions
- Social activities such as craft and reading groups
Is the Home Library service now available?
The Home Library service delivers books to the housebound which currently includes those who have been advised to shield. Please contact us on 0116 299 5465 if you would like to enquire about this service.
We will continue to update you on this page as other libraries and services become available.