Covid-19 Vaccine Confidence Programme
Community and voluntary groups in Leicester have been invited to bid for funding for initiatives that will encourage more people to get their vaccinations against Covid-19.
The government has launched a national Community Vaccine Champions Scheme which aims to increase the uptake of the Covid-19 vaccine. Local authorities have been awarded funding to help increase the take up of the vaccine by:
- tackling misinformation around vaccine safety
- minimising practical barriers to accessing vaccines
- improving the reach of official public health messaging
- developing engagement strategies and outreach work in the most at-risk places and communities
- empowering communities through work with new and existing networks, voluntary and community groups, grassroots organisations, and ‘Community Champions’.
Leicester has been allocated £485,000 to support activities that help understand and address barriers preventing local people from getting vaccinated – this will be known locally as the ‘Covid-19 Vaccine Confidence Programme’.
As part of the local programme, £200,000 has been allocated for Community Grants. VSCE groups were invited to apply for funding to set up small projects that support our efforts in increasing the take up of the Covid-19 vaccine in our communities. All successful projects must be delivered by the end of July 2022.
If you have any questions about the scheme, please contact the Community Wellbeing Champions Team at email@example.com.