Covid local support grant
The Covid local support grant scheme aims to support households struggling to make ends meet during the pandemic.
This is a national scheme to give financial support to households struggling to make ends meet during the pandemic. It is designed to help with the cost of:
- energy (including heating, cooking, lighting)
- water bills (including sewage)
- replacement cookers and microwaves (where it can be confirmed they are not in working order).
You cannot apply for the scheme yourself. You can only be referred by professionals.
If you currently receive support from our social care team, schools or are a Leicester City Council tenant, please contact any of the below services who will support you in making a referral to claim the Covid local support grant:
- Children's Social Care (Leicester City Council)
- Adults Social Care and Safeguarding (Leicester City Council)
- Education Services (Leicester City Council)
- Your income management team in housing (if you are a Leicester City Council tenant)
If you do not receive support social care team, schools or are not a Leicester City Council tenant, please email C19Support@leicester.gov.uk with your name and phone number or complete the C19 support form. You can also ask a family member or friend to do so on your behalf.
We will email a written notice of our decision to the referring professional. They will inform you if the referral has been successful. They will explain the decision and how the award will be made, if you have been successful.
Households where all members cannot claim public funds are not eligible to apply for this scheme.
There are some exceptions, for example where there are community care needs, serious health problems and/or a risk to a child’s wellbeing.
Households that meet the eligibility criteria are known to our person’s from abroad team who will refer those households into the scheme.
The scheme will operate between 11 May 2021 and 20 June 2021.
All vouchers distributed under the scheme will expire by the end of 30 June 2021 and must be used before the expiry date.
The terms of the scheme are subject to change. If we need to make any changes, an updated policy will be published on this page. All referrals received the day after any published changes will be assessed in line with that updated policy.
We will look at the information provided to support your application to see which area(s) you need support with.
If your referral is successful, your award will be paid in the following ways:
- food awards/toiletries will be made by e-voucher or food box. This will be a contribution to and not a replacement for your food budget.
- gas, electricity, district heating, water/sewerage will be made by e-voucher or a credit onto your bill
- cookers and microwaves will be delivered. Please note these can be re-used items and declarations around broken cookers need to be made.
No, your referral is intended to cover the whole nine-week period of the scheme irrespective of when you made your application. Any subsequent referral made will be refused.
If your referral application is successful and you are awarded an e-voucher, you will need to redeem the voucher.
Find out how to use your e-voucher (PDF).
You can then use the e-voucher at one of the following supermarket stores:
- Company Shop Group
We offer a range of advice and support to city residents who are vulnerable during the coronavirus pandemic.
Use the links below to find out more:
We must make sure that all applications are made legitimately.
If you falsely declare your circumstances, provide a false statement or provide false evidence in support of your application, you may have committed an offence under the Fraud Act 2006.
We have a zero-tolerance approach to fraud and financial irregularity. All suspicions of fraud relating to this scheme will be referred to Leicestershire Police.