Coronavirus in Leicester: latest advice
Latest coronavirus rules in Leicester, how to get a test, testing and face coverings.
The Government stopped free mass testing on 1 April 2022 and will instead target testing at the most vulnerable.
If you have covid symptoms, or any respiratory infection such as a cold, please stay at home until you feel better. If you have to go out, wear a face covering in shops and busy areas.
If you test positive for Covid you are advised to stay at home and avoid contact with others for at least five days.
Living with Covid does not mean ignoring it or doing nothing.
Please carry on with good habits, for good health:
- wash hands frequently
- stay at home if you are ill
- wear a face covering in confined spaces
- keep a distance from others
- let fresh air in when meeting people indoors
- have your vaccinations.
(Updated 31 March 2022)
There are two main types of test for Covid-19:
- PCR tests - mainly for people with symptoms
- rapid lateral flow tests - for people without symptoms.
Find out more on gov.uk