We are proposing £7.5m worth of improvements to Leicester Market with the aim to create a contemporary market environment for a quality shopper experience and better facilities for traders.
What improvements are being proposed?
The new proposals aim to preserve the distinctive character of Leicester’s traditional market, while providing new opportunities for local businesses and entrepreneurs:
- approximately 70 new stalls with improved point of sale display
- better lighting
- smart new paving
- shuttered perimeter to keep the site secure at night
- better pedestrian routes through the market
- attractive, flexible and lockable units
- green roofs and solar panels
- open up views of the Grade II* listed building by removing sections of the market roof
During refurbishment works, will the market be open?
During the market refurbishment, traders will be temporarily relocated to Green Dragon Square - directly behind the Corn Exchange - with covered stalls and lockable units.
Work to refurbish the market is due to get under way in January, we hope to complete works before Christmas 2024.
Get in touch
To find out more on these proposals and business opportunities, please send us an email at email@example.com.