Making it Real
Our adult social care department has adopted an approach called Making it Real – we will use this to guide everything we do.
What is Making it Real?
It aims to improve the way everyday social care services are designed and delivered through a more equal partnership between professionals and people who draw on social care support.
Co-production means working together, making the most of everyone’s strengths, skills and knowledge that can benefit us jointly. It works by building trusting relationships between those drawing on support and professionals, creating support that works for people.
How will it work?
Our new Making It Real group will be made up of people who are experts by experience of drawing on social care or caring for someone who is, as well as experts working in social care. They will work together as equals. Group members will check, advise, support and challenge adult social care on their co-production work, so it becomes an everyday reality.
We’d like to hear from you if you are passionate about making things better and you:
- live in Leicester (or care for someone who does)
- fully understand and are committed to the principles of co-production and the belief that everyone is equal
- can attend and contribute to meetings, training, workshops, and focus groups
- can do some work connected with projects and meetings, often in time outside of meetings
- are confident to challenge and question in a helpful and respectful way
- can use your knowledge and personal experience of using social care services, or caring for someone who does, to support the aims of the programme
- want to contribute to the development of services in Leicester
- understand the need to balance openness and confidentiality
- have good communication skills
- respect people’s differences and their different needs.
Let us know by emailing MakingitReal@leicester.gov.uk.