Local services for carer support
Find other local support services that may be able to offer help to you as an adult carer.
Age UK (Leicester Carers Support Service)
- Provides the LLR carers passport for people living in the city or caring for someone that lives in the city
- Referral to the Carefree service to access free breaks (eligibility criteria apply)
- Peer support and one to one support for carers over the age of 18
- Opportunities for carers to take part in relaxing activities
- Information, advice and guidance to enable carers to feel more knowledgeable and confident about their caring role and the person they care for
- Carer learning opportunities for carers to improve understanding of support available to support carers’ physical and emotional wellbeing
Also provides free independent, confidential information and advice to people over 50 and their carers.
The Carers Centre (CLASP)
- Support for carers
- Information, advice and guidance
Dementia Support Service Leicester and Leicestershire
- One to one support, information sessions, memory cafés and social groups to support people living with dementia and their carers.
- Informal carer learning to equip carers with the skills and knowledge that will support them and the person they care for, to live well with dementia.
- Digital support to support individuals living with dementia and carers to increase their confidence and independence with getting online and developing their skills with using technology.
Richmond Fellowship - Life Links
For more information on a wide range of local services available to carers in local areas, please visit the MyChoice website.