Abbey Park is Leicester’s premier park and lies approximately one mile north of the city centre.
The River Soar divides this beautiful park into two distinct areas:
On the western side of the river are the fascinating Abbey Grounds with the remains of the twelfth century Leicester Abbey, and the ruins of Cavendish House, a seventeenth century mansion.
To the east of the river lies the highly decorative Victorian part of the park with its evergreen shrubberies, trees, boating lake, miniature railway, and formally planted flower displays.
The popular and well established pets corner on the western side of the park is free to enter and has a selection of birds and animals.
Abbey Park Café faces the bridge at the centre of the park.
- Bowling green
- Five hard surface tennis courts
- Changing facilities
- Boating lake
- open from 11am - 5pm on weekends and school holidays from the Easter school holidays to the end of September (subject to weather conditions)
- minimum 2 people allowed on boats
- adults £3
- concession/junior (12+ and over unless accompanied by an adult): £2.50
- family ticket: (2 adults + 2 juniors) £6
- Orienteering courses
- Lavender maze
- Ping! tables
How to find us
Leicester, LE4 5AQ