Taxi firms tendering for contracts
We are currently reviewing how we operate our taxi services for vulnerable adults and children.
As part of this process, we will be holding a virtual online meeting (via Microsoft Teams) on Tuesday 22 June (12pm – 2pm) to discuss proposed plans and present information about future taxi contracts. This includes key changes such as the use of a Dynamic Purchasing System (DPS) and quality assurance expectations.
- Register for the event: Taxi procurement presentation booking form.
More information on how to apply to be on the Dynamic Purchasing System (DPS) can be found on the East Midlands Tenders portal, which will be available from 23 August 2021.
Companies must be in our Framework Agreement to bid for work. We advertise in the local media when seeking new companies to join the agreement.
All taxi firms need to follow a fixed set of rules to tender bids for contracts, and these can be downloaded at the bottom of the page.
You can also download the bidding form below, which you can fill in and return to us via the email below.
Before you submit your bid
There are a number of factors to consider when completing the form:
- Consider your bid price. Remember that a bid of £9.99 per day beats one for £10
- Provide specific details relating to the tender. Do not use shortcuts such as ‘same as last time’ or ‘the usual vehicle’
- Some tenders are complex. If you are unsure of anything then please call us on 0116 454 0037
- Complete all sections of the form. Passenger and Transport Services (PATS) staff will not follow up on missing or incomplete information
- Remember that bidding closes at noon on the date specified, unless PATS indicate a different time when the tender is offered.
In the interests of fairness, we publish a list of successful bidders for tenders, that closed within a specified calendar month. You can find these at the bottom of this page.
If you have problems accessing or viewing any of the documents below please email PATS-Finance@leicester.gov.uk.