Special needs and community transport
We are responsible for providing social care and special educational needs transport in Leicester.
What we do
Buses with drivers and optional escorts are available to hire by schools within the city and county of Leicestershire for any purpose and very favourable rates.
We have a fleet of about 80 yellow buses, and we employ our own drivers and passenger assistants.
As so many people use our transport, we also work closely with private hire companies based in Leicester. This enables us to meet the demands for our service and the companies we use will transport you to the same standards required by our own staff.
What services do we offer?
We offer the following transport services:
- children with special needs from home to school
- children to hospital, schools and respite homes
- looked-after children from home to school
- looked-after children from their residence to a meeting point with their parents
- adults with special needs from home to day care centres
- elderly people from home to lunch clubs
- adults with learning difficulties to day centres and work placements
- dial-a-ride service for people with special/medical needs who can’t access public transport
- ambulance transfers for patients who need specialised transport
- excursion trips for special needs schools and day centres.
Community groups - Community Transport Scheme
Community groups can hire our vehicles at very competitive prices to take their members on trips. You can download the eligibility criteria, and terms and conditions, at the bottom of the page.
Funded care and reimbursements
We provide transport for 100 per cent NHS-funded respite service users. The form to place a transport order can be downloaded at the bottom of the page. Only staff working for the relevant NHS team should use the form.
Special Educational Needs (SEN) parent contracts
If you are a parent who has a SEN parent contract with us, you should submit a reimbursement claim each month. You can download the form at the bottom of the page.
For social care transport enquiries please ring 0116 454 0150 (option 2) for assistance.
For all special education (SEN) transport queries please ring 0116 454 0150 (option 1) for assistance.
For queries related to Dial-a-Ride please ring 0116 221 1457.