With a Housing Online account, you can apply for housing (if eligible), bid for properties, report repairs and view and download rent statements.
What is Housing Online?
Housing Online is our online system where you can:
- submit a housing application form (if you are eligible to apply)
- bid for properties on our HomeChoice scheme (if you have a current, live housing application registered)
- update your email or telephone contact details
Leicester City Council tenants can also:
- view your rent account
- report repairs to your council property
- view and download rent statements
- update your contact and security information
- receive important messages from us.
How do I register for Housing Online?
If you already have a current housing application registered, want to log in and bid for properties, and/or are a current Leicester City Council tenant, you can sign up and log in here.
- If you have forgotten your housing application number, submit a query online for further instructions.
- If you do not have your payment reference number then ring us on 0116 454 1007.
I haven't submitted a housing application, how do I register?
If you have not yet applied for housing, you won't be able to sign up and create a Housing Online account until you have checked to see if you are eligible to apply to the housing register.
If you have a joint housing application or joint tenancy, for example with a partner, then you will need to create the account in the first/main applicant or tenants name.
You must sign up using your own personal email account. If you do not already have your own email account you will need to get one before you can sign up to Housing Online.
I don't have an email address, how do I get one?
It is important that you use your own personal email address so that you receive updates from us. Do not use a friend of family member's email address.
There are many companies that provide email addresses for free and you can usually sign up for one within a couple of minutes without the need to provide any identification and you do not need to provide any bank account or credit card details to sign up for most email accounts.
To find one that is suitable for you, ask family or friends which provider they use, or do an internet search for a free email address.
We are not permitted to recommend any email providers and are not responsible for third party websites or organisations.