Tenant support - STAR
Our Supporting Tenants and Residents (STAR) provides housing support for council tenants in Leicester, who have a history of homelessness or are at risk of becoming homeless without support.
The STAR service can be accessed at one of six locations across the city. If you are working with a STAR support worker, we can also provide home visits where necessary.
If you are not a council tenant, you can still drop in for advice, and we will try to help, or refer you to a service that can.
We help people with a wide range of issues:
- When you’re at risk of losing your home
- Problems with money, low-level debt or benefits
- Issues around mental health, physical health, and/or drug and alcohol use
- Isolation in your home or the area you live in
- Support to set up your new home
- Finding training, education and a job
- Access to energy efficiency schemes to make your home warmer and cheaper to run
Referrals to the STAR service can be made by agencies, or tenants can self-refer. You can download the referral form at the bottom of the page.
There are six teams based across the city:
|Beaumont Leys and Rowlatts Hill||Beaumont Leys Library, Beaumont Way, LE4 1DS||0116 454 3290|
|Braunstone||499 Saffron Lane, LE2 6UQ||0116 454 6420|
|New Parks||New Parks Centre, 321 Aikman Avenue, LE3 9PW||0116 291 4655|
|Saffron and Eyres Monsell||499 Saffron Lane, Leicester, LE2 6UQ||0116 229 3610|
|St Matthews, Highfields and Humberstone||St Matthews Community Centre, 10 Malabar Road, LE1 2PD||0116 454 6000|
|Family Support Service||Border House, 33 Belgrave Boulevard, Leicester, LE3 2JD||0116 221 1417|
|Monday||9am to 12pm|
|Tuesday||2pm to 4.30pm|
|Thursday||2pm to 4.30pm|
|Friday||9am to 12pm|
The Humberstone STAR office at 194 Thurncourt Road is no longer in operation.
STAR staff will be providing these services now from these offices on the following days:
- Humberstone Neighbourhood Housing office on Wednesday and Thursday afternoons - Tel: 0116 454 6000
- Rowlatt’s Hill Neighbourhood Housing office, all day Wednesday - Tel: 0116 225 4780.
STAR teams are made up of housing-related support workers, administration assistants and a team leader, who is always on hand to help.
Each tenancy support worker carries approximately 16 cases.
STAR is accessible to anyone in the city of Leicester regardless of age, gender, disability, religion/beliefs, race or sexual orientation.
Ring us on: 0116 225 4985
Send us a message