We can carry out small home maintenance jobs, including repairs, security work and adaptations, through our handyperson service.
You will have to pay for the work, but this is based on your ability to pay. The rates are between £15 and £30 per hour, depending on your income.
What work can be done?
Home maintenance jobs available through the service include:
- Windows and door repairs
- Security work (door and window locks)
- Electrical work
- Fencing and gates
- Minor adaptation works, such as grab rails
- Installing keysafe boxes.
Who qualifies for the service?
To qualify for the service you must be either:
- Over 60
- A single parent
- A low income family.
What's the cost?
The cost is as follows:
- £15 per hour for people in receipt of one of the main means-tested benefits (excluding working tax credit)
- £18 per hour for people in receipt of working tax credit
- £30 per hour for all other eligible customers.
Customers will be asked to provide proof of benefits to qualify for the discounted prices.
Ring us on: 0116 454 5120
Send us a message