The Y Support Project
The Y Support Project is a day centre offering one-to-one support to people over 16 who are homeless, sleeping rough or vulnerably housed.
Where are we based?
We are based at 165 Granby Street, Leicester, LE1 6FE. Telephone: 0116 204 6223.
How we can help
Practical help 8am – 10am
- breakfast between 8am – 9am for those in need
- a safe and comfortable environment
- access to toilets, showers, washing facilities and toiletries
- free laundry facilities for rough sleepers
- access to telephone for non-personal calls
- a change of clothes where possible
- emergency food parcels where possible.
Advice and information 10am – 1pm
We provide holistic support to people with no alternative support networks. Our staff team have a broad knowledge of resources available and work closely with other agencies.
Staff will provide:
- advice and help finding accommodation in emergency or longer term
- welfare benefits advice and assistance
- information and signposting to specialist drugs and alcohol agencies
- a year-round health promotion programme
- specialist mental health advice
- help establishing identification
- advice on managing debt.
The centre is closed on weekends, Christmas day, boxing day, new year's day and on bank holidays.
For further information on services available please visit: www.ymcaleics.org.uk.