Skip to content

Adult social care comments and complaints

If you feel the support you have received from us hasn’t been good enough, tell us about it. We’d also like to hear from you when we have got things right.

How do I make a complaint?

You can make a complaint by:

  1. using the quick link 'Make a complaint' above
  2. speaking to your care or support worker, or if you live in a residential home, talk to the staff or manager there.
  3. calling us on: 0116 454 1004

Easy read

Download our easy read PDF on how to make a comment or complaint (PDF).

Do you need support to make a complaint?

If you think you will need some support with your complaint, you can also ask for someone, an advocate, to help you with this

What happens when I make a complaint?

We will try to sort things out as quickly as possible – on the spot if we can. If this is not possible, we will acknowledge the complaint in writing within three working days. If a complaint is being made on behalf of someone else, we may need to ask for that person’s agreement to the complaint, first.

We will let you know who will be dealing with your complaint and agree with you how long we think it will take to investigate. We normally expect a complaint to be made within 12 months from when a matter first arose or was known about, to be able to look at the details further. 

While we are dealing with your complaint, we will keep you informed. If it is taking longer than we thought, we will contact you to agree new timescales.

Following a written response, if you remain unhappy, you can contact our complaints team about the best way forward.

Following this, if you’re still not satisfied, you should contact the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman.

You can contact the ombudsman at any point during your complaint, but they will usually ask that you go through our procedure first.

You can call the ombudsman on 0300 061 0614, write to Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman, PO Box 4771, Coventry, CV4 0EH, or submit an online form.