Make your voice heard
Advocacy is when someone supports you to speak up, or speaks on your behalf, to help you get the support you are entitled to.
Care Act advocacy
If you are having substantial difficulty in understanding our care and support planning processes then you can ask your family, friend or neighbour to speak on your behalf if they are happy to represent your views. If this is not possible then, you may be eligible for advocacy and in this case, a referral will be made to an advocacy organisation on your behalf.
If you need advocacy for another reason than described above, you can contact the organisations listed below directly who may be able to help or sign post you to the right place.
There are different ways with which you can make your voice heard. Some of the organisations listed below can be contacted to provide advocacy relating to your adult social care service or general issues:
- Learning disabilities - Mosaic.
- Address: 2 Oak Spinney Park, Ratby Lane, Leicester Forest East, LE3 3AW.
- Tel: 0116 231 8720
- Helpline: 0116 231 4425.
- Carers - CLASP The Carers Centre.
- Address: Unit 19, 4th Floor, Matrix House, 7 Constitution Hill, Leicester, LE1 1PL.
- Tel: 0116 251 0999.
- Dementia - Alzheimer's Society
- Address: 5 Oak Spinney Park, Ratby Lane, Leicester Forest East, Leicester, LE3 3AW.
- Tel: 0116 231 1111.
- Indendent Mental Health Advocacy (IMHA) - Leicestershire Action for Mental Health project (LAMP)
- Address: 65 Regent Road, Leicester, LE1 6YF.
- Tel: 0116 255 6286.
- Independent Mental Capacity Advocacy (IMCA) - POhWER.
- Address: PO Box 14043, Birmingham, B5 9BL.
- Tel: 0300 456 2370
- Fax: 0300 456 2365
- Minicom: 0300 456 2364
- Email: email@example.com.