Support to live at home
A wide range of support is available to help you carry on living in your own home. Some of this support is free and some of it has to be paid for.
Adult social care may not provide all the support you require, however help may be available. See links below:
- Everyday tasks such as washing, dressing, shopping, paying bills and cooking meals
- Equipment to help you, such as specialist chairs or beds, and electronic medicine dispensers
- Adaptations to your home, such as grab rails, low or level access shower and ramps
- Home repairs and gardening, through our handy person service
- Someone to help you, such as a personal assistant
- Somewhere to live with extra care.
Elsewhere on the web
Below are useful guides and factsheets about support to live at home:
The NHS Choices website has information on aspects of care at home:
- urine and bowel incontinence
- home care
- equipment to help you
- adapting your home
- advice if you are feeling lonely
- safety at home.
Ring us on: 0116 454 1004