Skip to content

Financial and legal support

There are online resources available offering advice on financial and legal matters.

Could I get financial support from adult social care?

You will need to have an assessment to find out if you could be eligible for our support. If you are eligible, we will work with you to establish what needs you have and how much it would cost to provide them.

These resources offer a useful starting point if you want to find out if you’re entitled to help:

  1. the Citizens Advice Bureau offers advice on claiming and applying for benefits and grants
  2. GOV.UK - Choices - Death and benefits tells you how your benefits are affected by a death in your family
  3. NHS Choices - Funding care has information on what you should expect to pay for home care, and you can also find out what it would cost you to access residential care
  4. You can get independent financial advice from the Money Advice Service and NHS Choices - Financial advice
  5. the Citizens Advice Bureau has information on making a will, power of attorney, immigration and visas, and how to access legal advice
  6. Personal Independence Payment (PIP)and other benefits
  7. you can find out about help available if you are struggling to pay your mortgage, and repayable grants to make adaptations to your home.

Elsewhere on the web

A wide range of useful information guides and factsheets on money matters can be found below:

  1. Age UK
  2. Independent Age - care funding and accessing benefits (provides factsheets about statutory welfare benefits and other potential sources of income for older people).
  3. GOV.UK - information guides on benefits and state pension.

Contact us

Call adult social care on: 0116 454 1004