Skip to content

Life in the UK

Care experienced young people who have immigration or asylum status will be supported by their leaving care advisor to seek specialist advice.

Unaccompanied asylum-seeking children in the United Kingdom are children who are outside their country of origin to seek asylum in the United Kingdom, are separated from parents and relatives, and are not in the care of someone who is responsible for doing so.

Care Leavers who have immigration or asylum status from the Home Office will have lots of complicated forms and tasks to complete before they turn 18, and every few years after that. If things are not done on time, it can have a negative effect on your chances of staying in the UK.  We will give you clear advice through your Pathway Plan to ensure you get the support you need.  

Useful websites

You can also call the Asylum helpline UK on 0808 8000 630.