Oral health for adults
Oral cancer has strong links with smoking and drinking too much alcohol. In Leicester more people smoke and are admitted to hospital for alcohol-related conditions than the national average.
What can I do?
There are lots of simple things that you can do to look after your oral health:
- Brush your teeth with a fluoride toothpaste twice a day
- Eat a healthy balanced diet and limit the amount of sugary drinks and food you have
- Stop smoking - visit our stop smoking page for more information
- Restrict the amount of alcohol you drink
- Visit a dentist regularly.
Finding a dentist
- Visit the NHS Choices website
- Contact Leicester Healthwatch on 0116 251 8313.
Urgent dental care
If you need urgent dental care, please call 111.