Get oral health advice
We work with health, education and care providers to improve oral health for people in Leicester.
Recent results published by Public Health England show that our three and five year olds have the highest rate in tooth decay in England.
The city also has high levels of oral cancer, which has strong links with smoking and drinking too much alcohol. In Leicester more people smoke and are admitted to hospital for alcohol related conditions than the national average, and survival rates for oral cancer are poor.
Our oral health promotion service
Services we offer in Leicester include:
- Free oral health information for parents and parents-to-be
- Free training for health, education and care staff and volunteers
- Free support for dental practices, early years settings and pharmacies
- Free supervised toothbrushing training and free resources for nurseries, city schools, childminders and playgroups
- Free loans of teaching aids and promotional materials
- Free support at health fairs and events.
To find out how to access these services, contact our oral health team:
- Oral health team:
- Robin Chipperfield - Oral Health Promoter
07525 251 239
- Michelle Hall
07525 251 330
Free training courses
Find out more about free oral health training for health professionals.