Get oral health advice
We work with health, education and care providers to improve oral health for people in Leicester.
Recent results published by Public Health England show that our three and five year olds have one of the highest rates of tooth decay in England.
The city also has high levels of oral cancer, which has strong links with smoking, chewing tobacco, and drinking too much alcohol. In Leicester more people smoke and are admitted to hospital for alcohol related conditions than the national average, and survival rates for oral cancer are poor.
Our oral health promotion service
Free services we offer in Leicester include:
- oral health information for parents and parents-to-be
- training for health, education and care staff and volunteers
- support for dental practices, early years settings and pharmacies
- supervised toothbrushing training and free resources for nurseries, and city schools
- loans of teaching aids and promotional materials
To find out how to access these services, contact our oral health team, Robin Chipperfield (Oral Health Promoter) or Amy Robinson (Children's Programme Assistant) by:
Free training courses
Find out more about free oral health training for health professionals.