Healthy Teeth, Happy Smiles
Healthy Teeth, Happy Smiles aims to improve the oral health of children and adults in Leicester, and reduce tooth decay and associated health issues.
Healthy Teeth, Happy Smiles aims to provide:
- Free toothbrushes and toothpaste for children in oral health packs. All children in the city will receive five oral health care packs by the time they are five, which contain a toothbrush, fluoride toothpaste and oral health information
- Free baby bottle swaps in all of our children, young people and families centres
- Supervised toothbrushing. Many of our early years settings (aged 0-5) take part in our free supervised toothbrushing programme where your children will learn how to brush their teeth properly every day.
What can I do to improve my child's oral health?
There are a number of simple steps you can take:
- take your child to see the dentist before they are one and go regularly
- brush your child's teeth as soon as the first tooth appears
- brush at least twice a day
- don't rinse after brushing just spit the toothpaste out
- use a fluoride toothpaste
- ask your dentist about fluoride varnish
- limit sugary drinks and snacks to meal times only.
You can also view and download our free oral health resources.
To find out how to access these services, contact our oral health team:
- Oral health team:
- Robin Chipperfield - Oral Health Promoter
07525 251 239
- Amy Curnock - Prevention Programme Assistant
0116 454 3543
Accredited Healthy Teeth, Happy Smiles dental practices
The following dental practices in Leicester are accredited family-friendly dental practices and have demonstrated their commitment to improving children’s oral health in the city
|Practice name||Address||Tel number|
|Moti Smile Design Centre||286 Aylestone Road, LE2 7QT||0116 283 2334|
|Saffron Lane Dental Practice||591 Saffron Lane, LE2 6UN||0116 283 2612|
|Willowbrook Dental Practice||339 Humberstone Road, LE5 3DF||0116 262 1151|