Penalty charge short form privacy notice
We will use the information provided by the DVLA for the issue of a Penalty Charge Notice. The basis under which the Council uses personal data for this purpose is that this is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest by the Council or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Council.
You are by statute to provide the information that is requested in the attached form.
The information that has been provided by the DVLA and by yourself will be kept for 7 years. The videos of the incident will be kept for 6 months if you admit liability and pay your PCN and for 18 months should this PCN remained unpaid and in dispute, photos will kept for 7 years.
The information provided by you may also be used for the purpose of any other function carried out by the Council. Information about these functions and the legal basis on which information is used for them can be found on our privacy page.
The Data Controller is Leicester City Council, City Hall, Leicester LE1 1FZ.
You can contact the Council’s data protection officer at the above address or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The new data protection law known as the General Data Protection Regulation provides for the following rights as prescribed by the legislation:
- A right to request a copy of your information
- A right to request rectification of inaccurate personal data
- A right to request erasure of your data known as ‘the right to be forgotten’
- A right to in certain circumstances to request restriction of processing
- A right in certain circumstances to request portability of your data to another provider
- A right to object to processing of data in certain circumstances
- A right regarding automated decision making including profiling
Please note that if you are unhappy with a decision regarding the handling of your data you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office at Wycliffe House Water Lane Wilmslow, Cheshire SK95AF and also see the Information Commissioners website.