Following my re-election I am required to make appointments to the position of Deputy City Mayor and to those Assistant City Mayors who will form part of my executive team.
My team are as follows:
- Piara Singh Clair
- Andy Connelly
- Sarah Russell
- Manjula Sood
- Adam Clarke
- Kirk Master
- Sue Waddington
- Abdul Osman
Who does what in my executive team?
I lead on economic development, transport and regeneration. Currently I also lead on all matters of constitution and governance, emergency planning and resilience.
My team members' responsibilities are:
- Councillor Piara Singh Clair - culture, leisure and sport
- Councillor Andy Connelly - housing
- Councillor Manjula Sood - communities and equalities
- Councillor Sarah Russell - children and young people services
- Councillor Adam Clarke - energy and sustainability
- Councillor Kirk Master - neighbourhood services
- Councillor Sue Waddington - jobs and skills
- Councillor Abdul Osman – strategic partnerships and change.
You can download portfolio letters for each role at the bottom of this page.
Job descriptions for my team
Job descriptions have been published for my role and the role of Assistant Mayor, which can be found at the bottom of this page. These will hopefully help the public to understand what to expect of their locally elected politicians, and the standards by which they can be held to account and judged.
You can also download the executive scheme of delegation, which details the portfolios for me and my executive team.
A new style of executive meetings
I want my executive team meetings to be open to all so you can question my team on those things that matter to you.
Our meetings will also highlight what areas of work we're looking at so you can get involved before any final decisions are made.
You can watch webcasts of past cabinet meetings and view archived council meetings on our webcasting website which is linked at the top of this page.