Adult social care
Leicester Joint Strategic Needs Assessment (JSNA). Health and social care needs associated with Adult Social Care, 2018.
Support available from ASC can be offered to any adult over 18 years who is assessed as having an eligible need. This includes:
- older people (65+);
- people with physical and/or sensory disabilities;
- people with learning disabilities;
- people with mental health difficulties;
- people with HIV/AIDS;
- people with drug or alcohol problems;
- people with a long-term or terminal illness;
- those caring for people who are in any of these groups.
The following chapter further details the level of need in the population, current services in place, project service use, any service gaps and recommendations for commissioners.