Pharmaceutical Needs Assessment (PNA)
The Pharmaceutical Needs Assessment (PNA) is a used by NHS England to agree changes to the commissioning of local pharmaceutical services.
The purpose of the PNA is to make an assessment of the following:
- the demography of its area
- current and future needs for pharmaceutical services in relation to:
- the different needs of different localities within the area
- whether there is sufficient choice to obtaining pharmaceutical services within its area
- the effect of pharmaceutical services provided in the area of any neighbouring areas
- any other NHS services provided in or outside its area which affect pharmaceutical services
- whether further provision of pharmaceutical services in its area would secure improvements, or better access to pharmaceutical services
Pharmacies in Leicester
A full list of pharmacies and opening times is available as an appendix. Please note that this is updated regularly following notification by NHS England of changes.