Find and comment on planning applications
Search and track planning applications, appeals and enforcement notices using our online register. You can also search for applications by address or postcode using our web mapping system which may be better if you do not have a reference number.
Can I view all planning cases?
All applications, appeals and enforcement notices can be viewed through our online planning register database. Related documents for planning applications from mid-2006, decision notices going back to 1948, as well as records of planning appeals and enforcement notices are available to view on the register.
How to find and comment on applications
You can make comments about 'live' applications, which are currently going through a public consultation process.
There are two ways you can view and comment on applications; use the reference number to search our online register or use our mapping system to search by address or postcode.
Once you find the planning application on the online register, you can use the 'Comment on this application' button found on the top-left of the screen, underneath the application number to submit comments to us.
We publicise most applications for planning permission by writing to neighbours. On some applications, a site notice is displayed and some applications are advertised in the Leicester Mercury. Some types of planning applications (advertisements or discharge of conditions) are not required to be publicised. However, all applications can be viewed through our online planning register database.
I am a tenant, what do I do?
If you receive a letter about an application near your property, and you are a tenant, please tell your landlord (unless you are a council tenant), so that he or she can comment.
What is the process for commenting on a planning application?
- Residents that wish to comment on an application are asked to pick one of three options, and explain their choice:
- Object to the application
- Support the application
- Neither object nor support the application.
- Once these comments are made, it will be reviewed by the case officer when the report is made and will offer a recommendation.
- They are also taken into account by the officer or planning committee when making a final decision.
- Only comments about planning issues can be taken into account. Visit the Planning Portal website to find out what this includes.
- You can view comments (in the document section) and check progress of an application on our Online Register.
To comment on a planning application, please use the 'Find and comment on planning applications' link at the top of this page.
Every week we publish weekly lists of all new valid applications received and determined. Copies of these can be inspected at our libraries or you can view the weekly list online.
Our formal procedures for publicising planning applications and planning proposals are set out in the Statement of Community Involvement, which is available to view at the bottom of this page.
We prefer enquiries to be emailed where possible.