Skip to content

Marriages at religious buildings

If you want to get married in a religious building your first step will be to contact the minister or leader of the congregation.

Normally you, your partner or both of you will live in the same district as the religious building or will worship there. 

Once the minister or leader has agreed to you getting married at the religious building they will advise you about contacting the register office.

How much will it cost to have a registrar to attend? 

If the church or religious building you are getting married in does not have its own authorised person to register the marriage, you will need to arrange for a registrar to attend. This will cost £97, including the cost of a marriage certificate.