Skip to content

Appeals to Leicester City Council

Find out information on how you can make a written appeal to us.

You can make appeals in writing to us if:

  • You have received a bill but you think you are not the person who should be paying
  • You think your home should be exempt from any charge
  • You think your bill should include a discount, a reduction for disabled people or an amount under the council tax support scheme (see discount and exemptions link above)
  • Write to us at the address shown below, and give your reasons as to why you think the council tax account should be changed. We will reconsider the facts and let you know our decision. 

You still have to pay council tax until your appeal is decided. If your appeal is successful any overpayments will be refunded.

Send your appeal to:

Leicester City Council
Revenues and Benefits Service
York House
91 Granby Street